Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Digital Nation

I really enjoyed the movie we started watching last week in class and the discussions we were having along with it. I cannot remember a time when I did not have access to the internet. We got our first family computer when I was in elementary school. By seventh grade my siblings and I all had our own computers. (My dad is a Macintosh tech and some of his clients had given us their old computers when they upgraded to newer ones.) I spent a lot of time on the computer. Not because I was addicted to computer games, but because I enjoyed talking to my new online friends. But there was still a limit. If my dad thought I was spending too much time online he would disconnect my internet. That is why it amazes me that in the video, the mother never stepped in. She could have limited the time he spent on the computer, but she did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment